Enjoy instant access to breaking news, market announcements and news articles on everything from forex, stocks, indices, commodities, companies and global economies.
News streams straight from over 50 providers, including central banks, credit rating agencies, financial exchanges, plus major news agencies Nasdaq, MarketWatch, Yahoo Financials & CNBC.
Weekly News Forecast
Forex Market Updates
Forex News & Technical Analysis - DailyForex.com
- Forex Today: US Preliminary GDP Rises to 5.2% Growth
US Preliminary GDP Exceeds Expectations; Gold Remains Near Record High; German, Spanish Inflation Weaker Than Expected.
- New Zealand Central Bank Maintains Rates at 5.5% but Warns of More Hikes
New Zealand’s central bank has kept interest rates unchanged for a fourth straight time, maintaining the cash rate 5.5%. The hawkish tone of the meeting sent the New Zealand dollar sharply higher and equity markets significantly lower.
- Forex Today: Gold Close to Record High
Gold Reaches $2,050, Record High in Sight; Kiwi Boosted on Hawkish RBNZ; US Dollar at 3-Month Low; Australian Inflation Weaker Than Expected
- Forex Today: Gold Grinds Up to New 6-Month High
Gold Trading Above $2,010 on Low Volatility, Record High in Sight; US Dollar at 2-Month Low; Crude Oil Continues to Decline
- Forex Today: Gold Hits New 6-Month High
Gold Finally Breaks Above $2,010, Record High in Sight; Crude Oil, US Dollar Continue to Decline
- Forex Today: NASDAQ 100 Bulls Reach New 22-Month High
US Stock Markets Bullish, Especially Tech; Gold Bullish Near 6-Month High Against US Dollar; Crude Oil Falling
- United States Federal Reserve Minutes: Fed Will Proceed with Caution
The Federal Reserve released late Tuesday the minutes of the Oct. 31-Nov. 1 Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) meeting.
- Forex Today: Fed Minutes Reveal Little Appetite for Rate Cuts
Fed Minutes Point to Surprising Strength of Economy; Gold Reaches $2,000; Euro, Aussie Hit 3-Month High Against US Dollar
- Forex Today: US Dollar Falls, Stocks Hit Long-Term Highs
US Dollar Continues Lower on Fed Rate Cuts Prospects; US Equity Indices Reach Multi-Month Highs; RBA Minutes Include Hawkish Comments
- Silver Forecast: Moves on the Fed
Silver exhibited a remarkable upswing during the early hours of Friday, reflecting the ongoing positive sentiment in the precious metals sector.
- ECB Supports Monetary Stimulus, Euro Weakens
The European Central Bank recently released its monetary policy meeting minutes, showing that the bank’s policymakers supported the decision to continue with an accommodative monetary policy stance until March 2022.
- UK Struggles With New Coronavirus Strain, Pound Surges
Bank of England Governor Andrew Bailey said recently that the latest surge in the number of COVID-19 infections has put the British economy in shambles, delaying the country’s recovery.
- Democrats Lead in Georgia’s Senate Race, Dollar Weakens
According to recently released electoral data, the Democratic Party will likely grab the two Georgia Senate seats that were in dispute, giving the party a trifecta for the first time since 2009.
- German Retail Sales Surge, Euro Soars
According to Germany's Federal Statistical Office, retail sales rose by 5.6% (annually) in November, higher than expectations of 3.9% but lower than the previous month's 8.6% rise.
- Britain to Leave EU with Deal, Pound Soars
The British House of Commons approved the trade agreement with the European Union yesterday in a 521-73 vote, ending the Brexit saga just before the deadline.
- House Approves Additional Stimulus, Dollar Weakens
The US House of Representatives decided to back President Trump’s proposal to give additional stimulus payments to Americans in need, which has been a recent point of contention between both parties.
- Visible Gold Prospects for 2021
The end of autumn 2020 will forever go down in the story of the Forex market.
- BoJ Discusses Monetary Policy Sustainability, Yen Falls
The Bank of Japan recently released its monetary policy meeting minutes, in which policymakers discussed forms of making their monetary stimulus measures more sustainable.
- US Federal Reserve is Dovish, US Dollar Struggles
The US Federal Reserve recently announced its decision to leave the cash rates unchanged, remaining in line with analysts' expectations.
- UK Unemployment Better than Expected, Pound Recovers
The United Kingdom’s Office for National Statistics recently reported the country’s unemployment rate, which stands at 4.9 percent for the third quarter, and lower than expectations of 5.1 percent.
- Weekly Forex Forecast – USD/JPY, USD/CHF, NZD/USD, NASDAQ 100, Cocoa Futures - 03 December 2023
The difference between success and failure in Forex / CFD trading is highly likely to depend mostly upon which assets you choose to trade each week and in which direction, and not on the exact methods you might use to determine trade entries and exits.
- Crude Oil: Weekly Forecast 3rd December - 9th December - 03 December 2023
WTI Crude Oil finished near the 74.350 USD price per barrel on Friday.
- GBP/USD: Weekly Forecast 3rd December - 9th December - 03 December 2023
The GBP/USD was trading near the 1.26150 mark on Friday which may have set off alarm bells among cautious speculators, this as Tuesday’s and Wednesday’s highs above the 1.27000 level seemed as if they would vanish into the sunset.
- Pairs in Focus This Week – FTSE 100, DAX, USD/CHF, EUR/USD, Gold, GBP/USD, USD/CAD, Dow Jones 30 - 03 December 2023
Get the Forex Forecast using fundamentals, sentiment, and technical position analyses for major pairs for the week of December 3rd, 2023 here.
- Trading Support and Resistance – USD/CAD - 03 December 2023
This week I will begin with my monthly and weekly Forex forecast of the currency pairs worth watching.
- USD/CHF Signal: Has Wild Ride against Swiss Franc
The USD/CHF struggled to find direction most of the day on Thursday against the Swiss franc as the markets have embarked on quite a bit of volatility.
- Silver Forecast: Dances Around Big Figure
Silver's overall bullish sentiment remains intact, but it's currently grappling with a pivotal obstacle at the $25 level, a significant psychological and round figure that demands our attention.
- Gold Forecast: Still Looking Tired
The gold markets experienced a modest decline in the early hours of Thursday's trading session, but there is no immediate sign of a significant breakdown on the horizon.
- ETH/USD Forecast: Grinds Away
The Ethereum market maintained a sense of calm during the early hours of Thursday's trading session, hovering just slightly above the critical $2000 threshold.
- BTC/USD Forecast: Look Hesitant
Bitcoin demonstrated a mixed performance during the Thursday trading session, leaving market participants oscillating between bullish aspirations and concerns of potential overextension.
- Dollar holds tight as Fed rate cut bets strengthen
- Asia FX muted, dollar steadies with Fed rate cuts in focus
- US dollar falls on dovish remarks by Fed's Powell
- Euro rebounds modestly after hitting support levels amid Fed speculation
- Dollar retreats after PCE data points to cooling inflation; Powell set to speak
- Asia FX muted, dollar rebounds before Powell speech
- US dollar gains but set for worst monthly loss in a year, euro falls
- Dollar recovers from three-month lows; PCE data looms large
- Investors bullish on most Asian FX as US interest rate bets shift- Reuters poll
- Asia FX rally stalls on China weakness, dollar steadies before PCE data
UK Global Investors (UKGI) provides links to selected sources of market updates. Clients searching for how or the best way to invest use those sources through UKGI’s website. The sources are part of its free service for all market traders. UKGI sometimes agrees or differs with the updates as do other traders. Some of the updates are the views of the authors, writers and editors. The main aim is to provide balanced views across different markets.
We expect clients and traders to be thoughtful before acting on any market info. Be careful to process the market data received from our website before using such to trade. Sometimes market data and news items shown on this website come up after some delay. Our web portal receives rates and prices as-is. The web data may sometimes differ from the rates shown at the central data bank. This means the delayed market rates may not be suitable for use at that time. Thus we will not accept any blame for losses as a result of the use of delayed data.
UKGI helps clients and traders in need of safe ways to invest for the best. Contact the broker or trading firm for more info before you deposit funds. This web portal provides free articles, news items, research and related info. Clients should use them as-is. Traders should know how the sources help them as the best way to invest. UKGI takes neither credit nor blame from the use of its trading data. This applies to any profits or losses earned.
UKGI runs a free forex investing service by trading in the forex market. We earn profits on the capital and get paid by top tier 1 liquidity providers. Currency or forex trading comes with large rewards. The same applies to risks. Self traders must know how the rewards and risks affect their capital. They must accept both to earn from forex or the broad financial markets. Trading results usually vary over time. Factors for this include price feeds, demand and supply, breaking news, and others. We still apply them as tools to create the best way to invest.
Using margin to trade the markets raises the risk of profits or losses. Margin is funds borrowed from a broker. This adds to the account’s equity or balance for trading. It may thus lead to high risk trading. Take all the right steps to learn the correct info about market products. Know your financial goals as well as your risk level. Get expert advice on the best way to invest before making a deposit.
Copyright © 2023 | UK Global Investors